If you require first aid or medical attention please see our Customer Service Attendants or Lifeguards on duty.
All our Swim & Fitness facilities fully subscribe to and support the Royal Life Saving Keep Watch @ Public Pools Program.
This program targets parents and carers of children to help them understand their responsibilities and the dangers of leaving their children unattended at the pool.
Lifeguards are not babysitters and you are responsible for your child at ALL TIMES.
- Children under 10 years are not allowed entry unless under active supervision of a person 16 years or older.
- Parents or guardians should actively supervise their children at all times. As such, they should be dressed ready for action, including unexpected entry to a pool.
- For 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian is in the water at all times (within arms reach) of the child. It is best if you are engaging with your child i.e. playing with them, talking to them, touching them
- For 6-10 year olds a parent should be close enough to make eye contact with the child and be constantly watching them.
- For 11-14 year olds a parent must regularly check on their child by physically going to the point where they are in or around the water.
For more information on the Keep Watch Program.
Swim & Fitness encourages all patrons to be sun safe. To assist you in planning your day at one of our facilities, please consider the following:
- Shade areas are a premium at our facilities and there is reduced shade options at some of our facilities. You are welcome to bring your own shade structure (ie pop up beach sun shade or shelter structure). Beach umbrellas, sunshades or shelters with pegs and ropes are not allowed as they cause potential trip hazards and any shelter must be erected only on grass areas away from main walk and pathways.
- Cancer Council NSW recommends that when the UV Index is 3 or above, you should protect your skin in five ways:
- Slip on clothing that covers your arms and legs
- Slop on 30+ broad-spectrum sunscreen
- Slap on a broad-brimmed, bucket or legionnaire hat
- Seek shade
- Slide on wrap-around sunglasses.
For information on the Cancer Council's Sun Sound Program.